Get A Fresh Start
Get A Fresh Start to Your Day! Here some things that have been happening that led me to start posting “health” and “life” hacks on Pinterest. I have been sick for about 5 months and before Christmas I knew I was going to have to do something. Everyone is busy in the world today. I don’t know how we find time to take care of ourselves but we must make it a priority! I had a great deal of pain, couldn’t concentrate, horrible short term memory, and a great deal of anxiety. Being let “go” at work help with a great deal of the stress, but STOP eating – short fasting and staying all sugars help me improve my concentration, anxiety, and memory.
I started watching tons of YouTube and read many articles. My attention span is that great so that’s why I blog very short- I won’t get good SEO but I’m not blogging for that reason anyway. I’m not a scientist or a theologian. I didn’t even graduate from college. BUT, what did to is go through this…and these blogs will show you what I have found that works for me.
What I do in this blog is post little things here and there that may help you improve your life a little. Everyone is unique and not all are going to “fix” or “healed” by and with the same things. Just like we don’t all learn the same way. This is therapeutic for me and I hope a tip here and there helps they person who reads this. Thank you so much and let me know what works and if you have any tips.
Coconut Oil- I used in my (NO SUGAR or CREAMER) coffee with honey. I’ve been drinking it for a month and I don’t need caffeine pills and my jitters-shaking has gone. I use coconut oil on my feet, hands, legs, in my hair weekly. I don’t ingest tons of oil or roll up unsalted butter in my coffee but am impress with BULLET PROOF guy -David Asprey- because he’s funny and had the same systems before he came upon the yak. (google: or see my “BioHacking” https://desirelovell.com/biome
Here is a link to Coconut Oil – I love amazon’s customer service BTW!
Whole Grain Coconut Oil Sourdough Doughnuts
Enjoy delicious and healthy whole grain coconut oil sourdough donuts for breakfast or for dessert! Servings 5
- 2 cup whole grain flour or wheat
- 1/2 cup sourdough starter fed
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup sugar organic cane or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- coconut oil for frying
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon ground
- The night before you plan to make the doughnuts, combine flour, sourdough starter, and water in a bowl. Cover with a tea towel and let sit overnight.
- The next morning add the sourdough mixture and the rest of the ingredients to a mixer and combine.
- Roll out the mixture on a lightly floured surface. Only use as much flour as needed because if you add too much these tend to get dense and bready.
- Cut out the donuts with a doughnut cutter or use a large cup and a small cup to make the donut shape.
- Cover the doughnuts with a tea towel and allow them to rise for an hour or two.
- Next, use a pan to heat the frying oil over medium heat until it sizzles when something is added.
- Add the doughnuts and turn the oil down to low. The goal is for them to still sizzle, yet not cook so rapidly that they become done on the outsides and not the insides.
- Flip once and cook on the other side.
- When done, take donuts out of the frying pan and place on plate
- Toss the freshly fried doughnuts in the cinnamon sugar topping mixture.
- Pour yourself a large mason jar of fresh milk and serve immediately.
Here is some organic lip balm I used when fasting. You must remember to drink a great deal of liquids – I drank water and lemon and sometime honey. CUTTING out sugar made me not get hunger as weird as that sounds. I didn’t have food cravings. Anyways, here’s the organic beeswax lip balm –
Well both of these I found value in…and I hope you will enjoy your journey improving yourself as well. There’s great fun in learning. Thank you for reading and as always thank you for reading this!
Find me on Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/desirelovell/pins/
This post contains affiliate links meaning I make a small commission if you choose to purchase from my link. The price is not inflated and those commissions help me keep this blog running!