Strategies for Self Kindness
It is so important to be kinder to yourself. Yes, Kinder. Because no matter how kind you are now – I’m guessing you can be even “kinder” to yourself. I think we all get caught up with so many things, issues, challenges we face each day we forget to be kind to ourselves. Do you feel lost, tired, lonely even though you are surrounded by many, empty, or totaly exhausted? If so, these things may help…
- Find a QUIET place
- Try to quiet your mind (or meditate) and think of “what do I need?”
- Identify how are you currently taking care of yourself?
- It’s not what you do it’s WHY you do it.
After you have this answer…and it may take a long to find these answers. These videos may help. Here a is an article by Psychology Today https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/between-cultures/201802/be-kind-yourself
Here are some things you can do for yourself:
Without further ado, here is my list of 50 Ways to Practice Self-Love.
- Buy yourself fresh flowers.
- Clean your house or apartment.
- Organize your workspace and files.
- Take time for rest and relaxation.
- Wear red lipstick and heels just because it’s a Tuesday.
- Eat while focusing only on your food.
- Make a list of fun activities to do and post on your fridge.
- Repeat the following mantra “I love and accept myself.”
- Make a list of all the things you like about yourself.
- Each night before bed write in your gratitude journal.
- Start the day with two minutes of meditation.
- Treat yourself.
- Dress your body lovingly in a gorgeous outfit.
- Put your fork down between bites.
- Cut down on your caffeine intake.
- Make it a priority to get eight hours of sleep.
- Read a good book.
- Do something for yourself without guilt.
- Set the mood while cooking — candles lit, music on.
- Buy something you’ve always wanted.
- Practice the art of saying “no.”
- Be of service — volunteer, help a friend, etc..
- Compliment someone today.
- Get your sweat on.
- Shake your booty.
- When you grocery shop
say, “I am choosing this for my body because I love her.”
- Give yourself a massage with beautifully scented lotion.
- Go for a hike or long walk.
- Stand up straight and tall.
- Try something new: dance classes, cooking lessons, yoga.
- Invite your friends over for a girls’ night.
- Call your mom and tell her you
loveher (or your dad, sister, etc.).
- Snuggle up with your honey or four-legged friend.
- Commit to doing your hair and makeup for a week.
- Allow yourself to have that piece of chocolate and savor every minute.
- When someone offers your a compliment, simply say, “Thank you.”
- Plan an adventure.
- Shut off your email and cellphone for an hour.
- Buy yourself roses on Valentine’s day.
- Complete that project or goal you started.
- Stop procrastinating already!
- Give yourself a day off.
- Self-love mantra: “I am enough. I have enough. I do enough.”
- Let go of comparison to others.
- Clean your fridge and fill it with fresh foods.
- Use soothing or invigorating essential oils like lavender and lemon.
- Write a love letter to your ex and burn it.
- Host a dinner party.
- Hire a coach or a counselor.
If You Want Quotes These Help: Click on Pinterest “SELF LOVE | LOVE YOURSELF | LOVE”
Take Care of the Relationship With YOU First…
Great Love Yourself Books